Sunday, September 20, 2015

making covered blank books

Remember I made a tutorial for making a book cover? I used the same principle, and covered notebooks and journals. Yay for me!  I made all different sizes, from perfect to carry in your purse to large enough to use for note taking in class.

This blue cover fits a standard class size notebook. The exact word for it is escaping me. The cover is removable so it can move on to your next blank book when the time comes.

The fabrics are Lucien Flower Sugar. This is my favorite fabric line by far.  Here you can see how the flap hold the cardboard front piece of the composition book -- ah, that's the word I was looking for. Easy to find, so easy to refill. The cover is washable, too.


Perfect for holding all your private thoughts.

The reverse side is Tanya Whelan--I don't remember the fabric line. Love it too, though.

You know, all my photos are coming out dark in my new camera, even though I bump up the color. I need to figure out what's going wrong, because these photos look pretty dark. Tomorrow I'll have a different book to show off--let's see if I figure it out!

Want to make your own covers? My tutorial should show up around here somewhere. It was one of my first posts on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment