Saturday, October 17, 2015

Santa potholder

I think I love working on vintage transfer patterns because even though my own childhood did not contain nostalgic items, I picture going forward creating memories around household things. Not so much, "Remember the time that favorite chair got ripped?" kind of memories, but just of images of things that were around. "I remember my grandma had one of those," kind of memories.

This Santa is almost a little bit frightening, isn't he? He's pretty exuberant. Like the last post with the angel potholder, this one really is a square shape, the photo was just taken at a slight angle.

He can either be useful as a potholder, or to hang on the wall as kitchen decor, or on the table as a trivet. The reverse side is a solid piece of the red snowflake fabric. 


No comments:

Post a Comment