Sunday, October 5, 2014

a visit to the Junk Barn Girls shabby chic show

The Junk Barn Girls show was held at the Umatilla fairgrounds this year, I think the vendor list is expanding every year and they needed a bigger venue. Next year I hope to set up a booth, so I will be crafting all year and we will see! The things I sell are different from the other vendors, so that's a good thing.


The above is a distance shot of the entire venue, I bet the first people to sign up got to be indoors, and the later shops used tents outdoors. There was a light sprinkle of rain in the morning, but thank goodness that blew over without doing damage. I would have rather set up outdoors, because indoors there were SO MANY people it was hard to see, move, and I found I didn't get to take the time I would have liked and I'm sure missed seeing beautiful things. Outdoors, there was room to spread out.

Below, I took the photo because that is a beautiful grill. 

And I love their horseshoe pan warmers. I forget what those are called. Braziers? I wish I could do metal work and make some just like that, because, well, turn them into plants stands? Just a thought.


They are from a chuckwagon themed catering service. Wouldn't you love to see this at your event?
After this, I took photos of things I would like to make. Mostly to remind myself to one day try and do something similar.

I love the bright blue. Nowhere it would fit in my house, but I love the bright blue.




And these wide frames. I love wide frames. The cardinal is handpainted onto either wall paper, or scrapbook paper. Makes a really quick project when the background is all ready to go like that.





I love scenes painted on furniture. I'm not sure if these are too busy, but don't they look wonderful?



This is a table runner made from twigs, bound together by thread. Super simple project once you've found perfectly straight twigs. I wonder where I would find perfectly straight twigs...?
And lastly, a trompe l'oleil (did I spell that right?) with mason jars inside the false cupboard. This was so pretty in person.
Definitely next year my goal is to sign up to be a seller! I'd better get crackin'!




No comments:

Post a Comment