Wednesday, August 19, 2015

a few of the fair quilts, 2015

I say it every year, "This year there weren't as many at the fair." It could be rabbits, or goats, or quilts. Just not as many. This year the rafters were not filled with quilts, and only two walls. Not entire walls, just part of the wall.  So I picked my favorites.

Yep, I entered my quilt, and won a second place. the notes said I needed to iron my seams to release bulk, and I tell you --  I ironed the heck out of the thing at every step! But still, second place is the best prize I've got in the sewing category so far. So I'm making progress. I'll have this quilt listed in my etsy shop soon.


I entered my table runner, and got a second place. There's no notes on this one, so I don't know why it's only a second place. There's 4 faces on this one, and it's beautiful as a table runner. The Japanese fabrics work well with the lime green. This will be in my etsy store soon, too.


This is a placemat, and I love the fabric. I'm hoping a search of "giddyup" might locate a seller for me.


The time taken to piece all these tiny hexies -- just wow. Paired with the distressed frame, it looks wonderfully shabby.


This quilt is made with the Miss Kate line of fabric. I love this fabric, and this is an interesting pattern. The gray sets off the colors nicely.



LI didn't even notice those button centers when I was standing in front of the quilt. That detail really brings the whole thing together.


The fabric on this one is sort of boring (shh, I didn't say that), but the repetition makes it interesting.


One day I will attempt a wedding ring quilt. So old fashioned, and charming.


I'd like to work on more wall hanging type quilts, and am always looking for ideas and inspiration. This one could be worked in different colors, for different feels.


And a red white and blue. This one looks cohesive and not cluttered. It really is a trick, to balance those strong colors.



Not to worry, there's another fair next week, so there will be more quilts! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment